Friday 22 January 2016

MY YOGA JOURNEY

I have always loved yoga but I had never thought of considering it as part of my lifestyle until late last year.  Yes! I am a newbie yogi! I am however, so glad I got to start my yoga classes last year, it had been such a long time coming! 

The purpose of yoga is to create strength, awareness, and harmony in both the mind and body. I also love the fact that it can be practiced by anyone, regardless of their age, and it's got so many health benefits.


There are so many forms of yoga. Some are are fast-paced and intense while others are gentle and relaxing.  I however, choose to focus on the basic one for now; 'Hatha Yoga'  which combines a series of basic movements and breathing exercises.
 

Here is more to what I love about yoga....

Physical Benefits

  • Lessens chronic pain, such as lower back pain, arthritis and headaches, lowers blood pressure and reduce insomnia.
  • Increased flexibility
  • Improved respiration and energy vitality
  • Increased muscle strength
  • Weight reduction
  • Maintaining a balanced metabolism

Mental Benefits

Besides the physical benefits, yoga's incorporation of meditation and breathing exercises can help improve a person's  mental well being.  It creates mental clarity and calmness, thus increasing body awareness, relaxes the mind, centers attention and sharpens concentration.   

Welcome to my yoga journey for more........ 



No comments:

Post a Comment